Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Visit to CA.

It seems as though my visit to CA. was "so yesterday". Anyway I was looking forward to going back home. Once I was there I felt like I actually never left. I was just absorbing everything and thought "I can't believe I left, and I'm just here visiting." But then again I always pictured myself living somewhere else other than California. California never really fit into the picture for some odd reason. Now I understand.

At the same time I felt a bit out of place. It hit me that my life is in Texas. That I have a HUSBAND there. The week went by really fast, but I enjoyed my time there with my family. I got to see my uncles, cousins, grandmother etc. etc. And I enjoyed a lot of yummy home made food. ;) I also realized that I never really appreciated the mountains. The city I currently live in has nothing scenic about it. I also realized that there is so much more color in CA. Nice green trees, pretty flowers, colorful buildings etc. etc. I MISS ALL THAT. I guess I have a thing or two I like about Texas but I care not to write about it. :)

I had mixed emotions towards the end of my stay. I didn't want to leave because I didn't want to leave my dad in the state that he was in. Although I knew he was in good hands. But at the same time I was missing Raul. That was the first time we had been apart since we got married. We missed each other and it was nice to be home right on time for Valentines Day.

Raul and I plan on being in CA in June. This time I hope to visit more of my friends. And FOR SURE visit Pasadena. I heart that place!!! :)

1 comment:

diana said...

Pasadena IS the best. <3