Monday, March 1, 2010

Moving On!!!

After an interesting eight months I am finally moving on to something new. I am just happy that I am getting out of where I am at the moment. I feel as though ever since I left USSS I have a had a lot of interesting twist and turns take place in my life, or maybe it's all in my head.

I will be working with a team of six people in the human resources section of Macy's. I have to say that I am looking forward to it. It's something new and I will be learning the operations side of Macy's. I am always open to learning something new. I will get an increase in pay, flexible schedule, and I will be working with a team of "professional" people. I like that! :)

I have been so close to getting my foot in the door at Federal agencies, but for one reason or another I have not been able to land a job that I want. I keep telling my self it's simply not my turn yet. At least I am on their "waiting list". Hope never dies!! :) In the meantime I will roll with the punches and enjoy the ride!!! :)

I have learned not to obsess over what kind of job I have. As long as I have my family and health, that is really all that matters at the end of the day. BUT my search is still not over!!!!

To be continued......

1 comment:

minnie said...

Congrats on the new position! I'm sure it will be better and interesting too. Hang in there w/ the federal jobs, Richard is on the same boat, although I tell him he needs to stick to what he loves which is teaching. I'm trying to make him understand that you need to choose a career because you actually enjoy the field not for money.I understand in certain situations you sometimes need to get a job for the money, but if its long term then definitely you need to love what you do. So with that said, he is working on getting his credential which actually after teaching for four years the State of California will give him his credentials instead of him having to go back to school. For catholic schools, they don't require a teaching credential. He definitely has a gift in teaching young minds and he loves doing it, in my opinion he has found his calling. I know you love law enforcement and you too will be doing something in that field and loving it!