Monday, March 1, 2010

SIGH!

After eight months of living here I finally built up the courage to trade in my California license for a Texas license. :( Aside from building up the courage it is also illegal to have an out of state license after thirty days of residing in Texas soooo I braced myself for the four hour wait at the DMV. I actually had time to go to the mall, and get coffee. That is how long it took. They don't believe in appointments.

The moral of the story is that every time I have to pull out the wallet and see my new license I cringe. I don't feel like "it's me" at all. I am not a Texan (obviously). Maybe it's just a matter of time until I get used to seeing it there. Or maybe I will NEVER get used to it. I actually managed to get a copy of my California drivers license so I've considered placing the copy over my TX license. Yes, I don't mind going through the denial process.

My next step is to personalize my license plate to read, "Californian" (or however many letters they allow). Oh wait what if my car gets keyed....Oh well who cares bit&*@s!!!!!

4 comments:

susana said...

Maybe, it will just take some time.

Lol, i was thinkin' the same thing about the personalized license plate.

*B* said...

Yeah after 30 years of California life it will take me an additional 30 years to adapt. LOL No j/k I hope w/ all my heart that I am not here that long. :( Were you thinking that my car would get keyed??? That is my only worry! But I'll give it a shot! :)

susana said...

Yes,for some reason Texans seem really passionate about their state, and unfortunately, i think you may be the victim of a hate crime :(

*B* said...

You are right texans are really proctetive of their state and people. Maybe I'll think twice, we'll see.