Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy!

Today is an exciting day for me...and my hubby!!! :) My day started off good when I bought plane tickets for Puerto Vallarta! The hubby and I will be going to Puerto Vallarta for our 1 year anniversary. We will be there late May! Woohoo I can't wait!


Then around mid day I spoke with my parents so they could give me an update on my dad's ongoing recovery. My dad had a Dr's appointment today and he got results from his post surgery. Not very sure how to explain it but I'll keep it as simple as possible. Before my dad went in to surgery his prostate cancer level was at a 6 (I guess on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 6). :( And it is now at a ZERO. :) Awesoooome news!!!!!! My dad has been retired for some time now, but for a while was working part time at a sushi restaurant just to keep busy. He loves it there and apparently the boss loves him. Like me dad says "the chinito keeps calling me to come back". My dad has been explaining to him that he can't yet geeesss!! But the Dr. now gave him the okay to go back to work. Of course, to start off slow, no picking up things over 10lbs. etc. etc. My parents sound very happy and of course I am too. :)

Last but not least I got a call from the Department of Public Safety. I was busy getting some things done at the post office and didn't hear my cell ring. When I checked it I had a voicemail. I heard the message and just about started jumping up and down with excitement (but I couldn't because I was driving). I got a call saying that they had received approval to hire me passed background and they wanted to know when I could start. I called her and long story short I start next Wednesday. I am so excited because this changes a lot of things. In a good way of course.

We have been waiting for things to fall into place and they finally have. Don't get me wrong we had many blessings prior to this, but now we can move on to other plans. :)

3 comments:

susana said...

Great news!!!

minnie said...

I am so happy to hear about your Dad! And of course your new job (but I already told you that) Things always work out one way or another :)

*B* said...

You are very right Minerva, things do work out at the end. I like it so far. It's almost like Immigration pretty much working with the public. I like it because we are super busy and the day goes by fast. And the $$$$ isn't bad! :) I'll email you later. Hope all is well!