Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alerta Alerta...:)

Since I've been living in Texas I've been a bit "different." I am usually alert, on the go, ready to get things done. Well not here! I am more on the sluggish side these days. I get things done, YES, but I've noticed that I am just going through the motions, I am really not concentrating on what I'm doing. Something as simple as driving!! The other day I actually ran a red light. What is wrong with me??? Raul noticed it right away, and we both really can't figure out what is going on. I am not my usual self, although I am trying to find ME. LOL!!!!

I think it could be the following:

1) I am not as stressed as I was before the wedding and body is on "smooth" mode.
2) Not eating right
3) No exercise
4) Going to bed late (when I'm not use to going to bed at 1am)
5) Moving from Cali to TX
6) Marriage
7) The intense heat here in TX

All and all I think my body just happens to react this way when there is major change.

I think it's a natural reaction to my body and mind, because it's no longer on stress mode. In the past two years I was always stressing about school and then the wedding. So to be honest at this point I feel truly relaxed, yes I have worries here and there but they are things that will work out in time.

I think for once in my life I am living one day at a time and enjoying what is here TODAY. I tend to worry about tomorrow, next week, next month, when it shouldn't be that way. Sure feeling this relaxed shouldn't involve running red lights, but I am working on it. I started working out and eating better and I feel like it's helping. :) And a little bit of vitamins wouldn't hurt either.

3 comments:

minnie said...

Enjoy this time, once kids come into your life, its a whole different story . . .you have never known tired until you have an infant at home . . .don't mean to scare you =). The last time I slept in was September 11, 2006, the day before Isaac was born thanks to my epidural.

*B* said...

I hear that there's sort of a zombie-like-feeling after having a baby, due to lack of sleep. YIKES. My god-daughter and Isaac have the same b-day funny. :) I am actually enjoying just going at my own pace. :) It feels good!

susana said...

minerva's post was hilarious...lucky me, julia sleeps in.

I think your body is adjusting to the new environment and it's so much better to live day by day then to be stressing about tomorrow. So continue to enjoy that!