Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cooking

Cooking was never in my vocabulary before I got married. I tried to get into it, but there was always someone there to cook (my dad) so I never felt the need to do it. Well I have officially started cooking! And so far so good, well, that is what Raul says. He has liked all the food that I have cooked so far. He is very picky about food, and we agreed that if didn't like something, or felt that it was missing something that he would be brutally honest.

When we first got here, I decided to make Linguine Alfredo. I thought, "that would be cool to make that so Raul and I can enjoy a home cooked meal." I was at the store buying everything to make the Linguine when I get a call from Raul, and he says "my parents are coming over for dinner." Ahhhh I started to feel a bit of pressure/stress. It was my first time cooking something big like that..(well big to me) and now the in-laws were coming over and tasting my potential disaster. LOL! OMG okay I had to remain calm. So I ended up buying carne asada and I still made the Linguine Alfredo.

I got home and soon after my in-laws came over. My MIL helped me make the salsas, and meat, while I prepared the Alfredo. It wasn't long before we were ready to sit at the dinner table and start eating. My MIL all of a sudden started "mmmm'ing" the pasta. I was just waiting for some kind of reaction. Oh the stress!! Then Raul said, "this is really good, great job you can now get married." Hahahah. Everything turned out great, and it seemed as if they liked everything. Or maybe they were just being nice.

I have since made enchiladas, tacos dorados de carne asada, tostadas de pollo, some tasty famous quesadillas, and rice. I still have a lot to learn, but in time I will have all down. I have to admit that cooking can be a bit exhausting. I find that after I'm done cooking, I really don't want to eat. Raul made it clear that he doesn't expect me to cook all the time. He is a very simple guy. And well ,that works for me because I don't like cooking EVERYDAY. I cook every other day. It seems to work for me, because when I'm cooking it's because I'm really in the mood for it.

No comments: