Sunday, June 14, 2009

Married Life

It's been about 3 weeks since Raul and I have officially become a married couple. When we think about it, it seems a bit weird that we are now husband and wife. I guess it's normal to feel a bit weirded out!! :)

When we were in Hawaii I got this overwhelming feeling, I guess I can best describe it as fear. The fear that we were now on our own, about to start our own lives, make our own rules, decisions etc etc...The feeling only lasted a few minutes, and I brought it up to Raul and he agreed that it was all going to be different now. Different in a good way of course.

Raul has been working a lot. He starts his day early and comes home a bit late. But we talked about his work schedule before, and I knew it was coming. Being alone for the majority of the day doesn't affect me that much, because I'm use to being by myself just doing my own thing. Don't get me wrong I wish Raul had a 9 to 5 job but it doesn't work that way, at least not at the time being. I it also helps that I have a car, because I can get up and go whenever I want and keep busy. And now I understand why Raul was so adamant about buying a car. I probably would be a grumpy wife if I had to be stuck at home alllll day. Right now we just have one car. Raul and his friends are fixing his car as I blog. Long story short...he spent a lot of time detailing his car only to have someone crash into him and damage everything. Thank God he knows how to fix cars and so do his friends because very soon his beloved car will be working.

Anyway I think I got side tracked for a minute there. When Raul gets home we have dinner and sit in front of the TV and watch a movie. Raul is a movie fanatic and has his own blockbuster. At the time we don't have cable so we have to settle for movies. We have bought things for the apartment little by little and his parents have bought a few things for us as well, such as cups, plates, glasses, kitchen towels etc. etc..God bless them they are so nice. :)

I have come to the conclusion that when you get married there are some definite changes you have to make. Not that your partner requires that change, it's more of a personal change. Almost to make the whole thing work. For example you can no longer sleep in toooo late because there a million things to do around the house, cleaning, errands, laundry, paying bills etc. etc. You have to be ready for the sudden family get together or dinners. I learned that I have to adjust to that, I am not used to it, I'm use to doing everything when I want. But I know it's something that can be done. But at the end of the day you realize that everything balances it's self out. Raul and I are just happy that we are now together and we are enjoying every minute of it.

And here a few pictures of our cozy one bedroom apartment. :)


The living room.


I can watch TV while I cook. I like that! :)


The Kitchen! Different view!

A Different view..there is my coffee maker :)



The restroom


For some reason I don't have a picture of our bedroom. But you guys get the idea. :)

6 comments:

diana said...

Cute! The newlywed apartment- I totally remember that.

Yes, there are lots and lots of changes that come with marriage. And, with those changes come many beautiful experiences. You're right, it balances out. :)

minnie said...

Love your place! And yes there is a lot of adjusting . . .I'm still trying to adjust after 5yrs (July 17th,can't believe how fast it gone by)

susana said...

Can you believe i married greg when i was 19...there is no turning back now...j/k!! "Married life" has been great. Just remember there will always be compromises in a household whether it be with your husband or another family member.

*B* said...

whaaat minerva still trying to adjust after 5yrs..you mean we have more adjusting to do. J/K :)Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!! :)):)


OMG Susie don't you and Greg have an
anniversary coming up to??? Like 8 yrs right????

At the end of it all this whole marriage thing is fun...adjusting and all! :)

susana said...

yup, 8 yrs in July! I told him i want a big party for our 10 yr anniversary...he thinks i'm crazy!

*B* said...

Yes of course you HAVE to have a party!!!! That would be an awesome 10 year anniv. party. :)