Friday, June 12, 2009

Coffee

There is no Coffee Bean or It's a Grind Coffee House here in Mission. Only Starbucks!!! Which is fine, but I can't stand there burnt tasting coffee. I love there mocha frap's which is all I was drinking the first week here. But at the time that is not within our budget.

So I was looking out for a place that sold coffee. I found a local coffee shop close to where we live and decided to stop by. I bought a Cappuccino and it was $3.75 that is the smallest one too. It was great and all but again too expensive. They even served it in a fancy foam cup, which I kept. I'll have to post a picture of my foam cup. :) Sooo then I decided to try Chick-fil-A's coffee. They make "fresh coffee" so I had to wait about 10 minutes for my coffee. It was really good, but I'm not willing to wait that long for a regular hot coffee. So I decided to stop by Target and check out the coffee makers. I bought one and I am now making coffee at home.

But let me back track a bit. Raul is not much of a coffee drinker but he loves the smell of it. And he loves the smell of it especially if it's in the apartment. So when I was buying groceries earlier in the week there was a lady giving out coffee samples. I tried it and was very good. So I decided to buy it. And well there's a first time for everything because up until yesterday I didn't know how to brew coffee. Yup, nor did I care to. So I took the time to set up my coffee maker and make my first two cups of coffee. OMG I was in coffee heaven. I love it, and now, making my hot cup of coffee is part of my morning routine. :) And Raul is loving the coffee aroma...corny right!!

The things I do for some great tasting coffee. :O)

1 comment:

minnie said...

I love me some coffee too!!!! Since I have been working the 4-10 schedule, I have been hooked on the stuff, so i too started brewing it at home . . . coffeemate is a must, can't drink it without the stuff! Have you tried cafe de la olla? It's cinammon coffee that is only sold at mexican resturants, usually hole-in-the-wall places . . .good stuff!