Friday, June 12, 2009

Texas

There is not too much to say about Texas, but here it goes. Once we arrived and stepped outside the airport my first thought was OMG how hot is it here! It is a stuffy humid hot feeling. It is hot everyday, it's not like California where one day is scorching hot and the next day it's cold. We don't get a break here.

Raul and I live in Mission, Texas. It's no Pasadena, Los Angeles, or Pacific Palisades LOL...okay I'm getting carried away. It's more of a Moreno Valley. And that is why I am not in shock as to where I now reside. It's a bit bigger than Mo Val. There is nothing fun to do. They do however have your must haves such as Target, Walmart, Barnes and Noble, Chili's, Pier 1 Imports, etc. etc..

Everyone seems nice, no matter where you go it's always "how can I help you ma'am", "how are you doing ma'am", and "yes ma'am". I don't know about the ma'am thing, but anyway. Everyone seems calm and relaxed, no one is in a hurry. There is never traffic on the "expressway" (not freeway) unless there is an accident, and that is very seldom.

Furthermore all you see here is Mexican people. I have only seen one black person and that is because he lives in our apartment complex and plays professional football. Yes they have hockey and football players living in the apartment complex. Don't ask what team, because I really don't know. Hmm eye candy everywhere though. Yes, yes I'm married now, but I'm not blind. :) You hardly see any white people. Raul says most of the people here come from Monterrey Mexico which is really close by.

So will I ever LOVE Mission Texas???? NOPE!!! I will always be a California girl!!! :) And will I ever be saying "ya'll" hell no. Amazing how you appreciate where you are from once you are not there. Overall I feel good about being here only because it's a city/state where things are not expensive. We get a fresh start and we are able to save money, and of course in the near future buy a house. Everywhere you go there area hiring signs, there are a lot of job opportunities here, especially with government jobs. In fact I've already started applying for government jobs. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

minnie said...

I have cousins in Texas and they use "y'all" . . .its annoying, please don't get use to that =)

diana said...

"ya'll" sounds to me like their version of "like". :)

I'm glad you're still a California Girl! LOL.

*B* said...

Minerva shoot me if I start saying ya'll. No way will I get to that point.. I promise, LOL!

Hey Diana I don't know but I can't stand the word. :)