Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Day!

Hello everyone, it's been a while!

The graduation ceremony and party was a success. The ceremony was of course boring, but exciting when all of us graduates walked out, when we walked up to the stage, when they called my name, and at the end when all the graduates danced to an old school song! LOL!

It made me feel so good to see the look on my parents face when they saw me in the crowd at the bottom. I was able to spot them and my friend and the were waving and my parents looked so proud. What a great feeling! SIGH! The weather was a bit on the gloomy side and it even rained here and there but the party kept going.

It was so nice to see my friends that I haven't seen in a while. It was the best. I missed a lot of you and I wish you could of been there. It was also so cute to see Jordan (Jamie's son) and Alyssa playing and it almost seemed like they had a crush on each other. Mind you they are like 2 and 3 years old. Jordan looked so cute in his Puma outfit! My friend Carolina flew in from Arizona and I must give a million thanks to her for being there every step of the way. She was helping with setting up for the party, taking pictures, music, food, taking video, she is the best and I thank her so much!

I got a lot of gift cards, and yes you know I already started shopping!!! I bought a Victoria Secret lotion and a nice little scarf so far. :) THANK YOU to all my wonderful friends that got me something, you know you didn't have to and I wasn't expecting it. I was excited just to have you all there! You are all the best.

There was a brief speech given by my parents, my friend Carolina, and from me. My Dad is a man of few words, therefore all he said was, "I am the proud father of Belen, and I am so proud of my daughter, and thank you all for being here." But to me his words were powerful!!! My mom said, "I want you to know that we love you (even if we don't tell you often) and we are very proud of you." She was close to tears!! My friend said, "I am so proud of you, all your hard work and sacrifice paid off and just know that I love you and I am here for you." We were all close to tears now. Then I proceeded with, "thank you all for being here, I am forever grateful to my parents for all their support, (even though I don't express it, can you tell there is no communication between us LOL. j/k) I love you both." And there I go a tear comes out, I had to stop talking because I was getting too emotional. :) I must note that the day also marked the 38th anniversary of my parents marriage. So my gift to them was my graduation, because I know that made them proud. :)

And another fun part was that we all played catch phrase until 1 in the morning. :) It was so much fun. I love that game! So it was WOMEN against BOYS. LOL! It was so funny, and fun! I am sad to announce that the boys won, but that's okay we let them win! :) I get competitive when it comes to game playing. If I remember correctly Susie was getting scared because I was trying to make us win, Mirella was laughing because I started saying "warm apple pie (inside joke) and I added a little dance to it", Greg was being too serious and technical on all the descriptions. The word to describe was "Miss. America." And Greg said, "it's what's on TV and it's really dumb", Oh yeah Miss America!! LOL and Judy was just fighting with Jr. And Leo ummm I think he was just making us laugh with his comments.

Once again thank you everyone for coming and joining me on this special day. And for those who didn't make it, I hope I can see you all very soon. :)

I posted some pictures on myspace, but for those who don't have a myspace account I will post a few here. Enjoy! And love you all!!!!







I realized that I didn't take pictures with Leo, Judy, Jr. Mirella, Susie, Greg etc etc....dang...I don't know what happened. :( This loading of pictures is taking forever, so I'll post more later!

2 comments:

minnie said...

We definitely missed out =( Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.
Congrats again!

susana said...

congratulations again!!! We had lots of fun...as you read from diana's blog, we went out and bought the game the next day :)!