Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Undercover Operation???????

Yesterday after work I was running some errands and I stopped by Target. We have two in town, and I decided to go to the one where there is less people. I guess I just didn't want to deal with the long lines. Anyway so as I am looking for parking I notice a police officer driving east bound in the parking lot as I'm driving west bound. I thought nothing of it. That side of town is pretty much quiet and all the upper middle class lives in that area. Everything there is brand spankin' new!

I find parking and as I am parking in the vacant spot I notice that the car parked next to me has the trunk wide open. But again I think nothing of it. I park my car, turn it off, get out and lock my car. I am always observing my surroundings, it's just part of what I do, and I have done it for as long as I can remember. So as I lock my car door I notice that there is no one around the car next to me, but the trunk is wide open and there is a play station box in the trunk. So I think, I better shut this trunk so that no one strolls by and steals it. It seems that maybe the owners tried to shut it and as they walked away didn't realize that the trunk was left wide open. So being the person that I am, I decided I would take a brief look around and after noticing that no one was around I shut the trunk. After shutting it, I looked back and the trunk locked in.

So as I am walking into the store I'm thinking dang that would of sucked if someone came by and took that Play Station, it must have been a gift for someone. So I go into the store and go about my business. About 30 minutes later I come out the store and immediately notice that there is a police car and a white car parked right in front of my car. I must have 20/20 vision because even though it was night time I could tell they were blocking my car.

As I approach my car, I noticed that there was a male in the back seat of the police car. There was a police officer speaking with what seemed to be an undercover cop. They soon realized that they were blocking my way, so the police officer said, "sorry miss, just give us a second while we move our car." I said nothing, and just stood there while they did what they had to do. The white Mitsubishi Eclipse was in front of the car that had it's trunk open, and the police car was parked right behind it. Hmmmm! So they quickly move the car and I am able to get in my car and leave.

As soon as I drive off I'm thinking, okay let me try to put all this together. Was this an undercover operation, that I just screwed up????? Or maybe interfered with??? I was thinking back and I did notice an old beat up blue van parked across from me and there was a white heavy set man standing next to it, but he had his back to me. So I'm thinking that was definitely the man I saw speaking with the police officer. He was one of the undercover officers. It had to be!!

So I'm thinking they were doing an undercover operation on someone in specific and they decided to put the vehicle there and leave the trunk open with the Play Station in it. They knew this person would be going there and so they set it up that way. And then I thought what if they were just doing that set up for any random person. I've learned that entrapment can be a very controversial issue but it's allowed. Police officers are allowed to do such things. So anyway I don't know what really happened, but it was just such a coincidence. This may seem weired but if this happened to you, what would you make of it? This area of town is so peaceful and quiet that I never thought I would see anything like this. It may sound like I was being paranoid but the whole thing was weird.

No comments: