Saturday, November 15, 2008

2 in 1!

Soooooooooo what is up with all the earth quake warnings. I'm scared! :( Someone hold me!!!! LOL! Is it that they are able to predict earthquakes like they can predict the weather??? Who knows what they have going on! We had a earthquake drill at school on Thursday! But we couldn't even hear the instructions over the intercom, we couldn't hear s@*t inside of the class. You think you should start there???? Anyway apparently we were supposed to go under our desk, ummmm, nope no one in the class did such a thing, and the professor didn't encourage it either. It was just another day at CSUSB. It was statistics as usual! So anyway, I even heard about the warnings on the radio. It's a bit scary.

I was in Azusa today! I felt good to get out of boring ass M.V. I drove out there to meet the potential DJ guy for our wedding.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see a videographer. So I tell my friend that I will be paying this guy a visit. And I tell her, "It's a house because the street is blah blah blah COURT. No business is going to be under such street name. So she says, "okay give me the address and call me when you get out." And I'm thinking yikes should I really get off. I've never had to do this. And being a criminal justice major, I'm paranoid and distrustful of a lot of things. So I see the wife come out (at least I think it's the wife) and she looks over and smiles. And I think okay what the heck, I'm already here, lets see. So I go to the door and the nice Argentinian man answers the door. And as I go in I feel at ease. There is a huge wedding picture of him and his wife in the living room and a bunch of toys lying around, indicating they have a child. I'm still a bit apprehensive, but I'm not as worried. SIGH!!! At times like this I wish Raul could be here. All went well, and I really liked his work. He told me over the phone that it would take about an hour to go over everything. BUT I didn't tell my friend that, so my phone is ringing like crazy, it's her, she's probably thinking, "OMG she's dead or something." I know it sounds horrible, but kinda funny. So I immediately call her back when I'm done, and let her know I'm still alive and kicking. Whewww!!!!

So the same thing with the DJ guy, I let my friend know and I also let my Dad know! He was worried and says, "do you want me to go with you?" Mind you, he's in the middle of tending to a yard sale. And I'm like, "no Dad, I'm sure." He says I'll put everything away and I'll go with you." He is so kind! Everything went well. And I like the work this guy does as well! :) We are going to go with him as well.

2 comments:

minnie said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. It's so easy to stay in a job where you have a steady income, especially with a family and house, but in reality you know you are destined to do something else. Somedays that's my struggle.I congratulate you for being brave enough in taking that step. Earning a BA definitely gives you an awesome sense of accomplishment, CONGRATS!

minnie said...

My previous comment is in regards to your November 15 posts. OOOPS!