Sunday, November 30, 2008

Chaos on the job!

I've been in the new department at work for a week now! I was told that I would be given five hours of training. I got about an hour! I was put there during the craziest time of the year! I have concluded that the customers that call in are the ones that are training me. They basically call in and ask millions of questions about our products and I'm supposed to know it all. The pressure is immense at times. It's one 5'1 girl (me) dealing with 10+ calls. Somehow I manage to keep my composure! Fortunately I have Raul who has been answering all my computer questions. He is such the genius when it comes to computers. In addition I've been taking initiative and going on the BB website and learning more about what we have and how everything works.

I am the type of person who plans, organizes, thinks out, and prepares for everything. In order for me to be disciplined, I plan things out. BUT in this position planning is thrown out the window. I have to act on the spot and be on my toes 110%! We have to sell to customers and that is something that is foreign to me! The dollar amount that I bring in daily is looked at by the managers every day. Anyway as with everything I try to look at the positive side of things, NEVER THE NEGATIVE! So I have been thinking about this one, and I have concluded that I better take advantage of this. I am getting paid to explore a side of me that I thought I would never be exposed to. I have discovered that I always tend to prepare for the expected, but I tend not to deal well with the unexpected. Well, actually I have known that for a while, this new job didn't make me realize that. But now it's being put into practice, and I intend to learn from this!

I was talking to Raul about how I felt on the new job and what he said was true. We have to have an open mind about things and be willing to learn a little bit of everything. I guess I just felt overwhelmed because it is just the beginning. I must say that I am feeling comfortable as each day passes. I like the fact that the managers make it a point to tell us (personally) that we are doing a great job. That brings up morale and you don't get that often in the work force. And I also have to admit that every time I bring in sales and the customer actually comes in to buy something, I find myself pulling off the "YES" deal!!!! LOL! Anyway I'll keep taking things day by day and hopefully after the holidays things will cool down!

No comments: