Friday, November 14, 2008

My two year journey! Part I

I think I've been down this road before! But I feel a need to express what is going on in my head! I don't know if any of you have seen the show called "Exiled". It's where (usually) a girl gets sent off to a country where she finds herself dealing with less fortunate people. She is sent there because she is spoiled and the whole experience is meant to teach her a lesson. At times we have it so easy that we get lost in it all, and loose the notion of how blessed we REALLY are. The above mentioned might not make sense at first, but at the end it will!

Before I decided to go back to school I had a full time job, lived on my own, had the city of Pasadena at my feet, enjoyed life, and just lived a care free life. But somewhere inside of me, there was something missing. I felt that I had not let myself reach my own full potential! When the thoughts of going back to school entered my mind, I knew there was a reason for it all. I just couldn't put all my thoughts in order. I had to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages of making such a decision. It's something scary to get out of your comfort zone. We tend to fear the unknown! But entering into the unknown can be the best thing you can ever do for yourself!

I thought I was prepared for what was to come when I announced to everyone and to my boss that I would be pretty much leaving everything behind to go back to school. I had a steady pay check coming in, and didn't have too many worries. As far as I was concerned LIFE WAS GOOD AND EASY! December of 2006 came around before I knew it, and around that time I was going through extremely hard times. I had gone through a break up, (yes with my now future husband) I was quitting my job, moving out of my apartment, moving back home, and going into unknown territory, SCHOOL! I WAS A MESS! :) But I have always tried to maintain a positive outlook on things no matter how hard it gets, so that helps me a great deal! I was ready to start a new chapter in my life. I remember I quit my job 12/20/06 and I had about 2 1/2 weeks before I started school! It was just a waiting game! Stay tuned for what followed!:)

No comments: