Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Study at Starbucks? Okay!

It's been about three weeks since the midterm, and "the one girl" that used to meet with us decided she would meet with us today for a study session. Lupe is the one that I have been studying with and she is so nice, bless her heart. So the other girl goes to her all the time, and not me. Maybe she senses that I don't have too much tolerance for BS. So apparently the girl asked Lupe when we would be meeting again. Lupe told her that we would be meeting at Starbucks to go over the new material that was covered in class today. Which is pretty much our routine, every time we cover something new, we meet the same day or the next day and study study study.

So as I am sitting in class I see Lupe running to my desk to deliver a little note. LOL! She is pretty much saying not to tell the other girl that we have been meeting, because she is going to feel bad that we haven't called her. Well she hasn't called us either!!! But anyway my opinion is set aside at this point! I'm thinking that this girl was going to want us to explain everything from the beginning. And there was no way, and thank God Lupe was feeling the same way.

And sure enough that girl had not studied or looked at any of the latest material. She even admitted that she didn't understand any of it. Well all I could say to her was, "you really have to study this, or else you are not going to make it." Yes I tried to be as civil as possible, and she just sighed! Ahhaaa just sighed. Her plan failed because we were not about to sit there and explain sh@! from the beginning.

So we went over everything that was covered today and it is all crystal clear. We are up to date with everything and we feel good. But I could clearly see that the other girl was frustrated and she wasn't grasping it. Well about 1.5 hours later I say, "well I'm hungry I better get going because I can't think anymore. See you guys later." Then Lupe quickly gets up too, and says, "yeah me too, see you guys on Thursday." LOL! It was so weird, you could feel the tension. I wish I could of taken a picture of the girl, her facial expression was priceless. I know this all might seem mean, but not really. I can't have sympathy for people like that. I truly like helping people when the genuinely want and need the help. Lupe has a son, husband, job, and goes to school full time. How does she manage to meet with me every other day for two hours???????? I DON'T KNOW! But she does! Point made!

Okay this is getting old. Bye bye!

1 comment:

minnie said...

You are not mean, in fact you are a very patient woman. Personally I have a really hard time with people that act like that. And if your friend Lupe can juggle all the different hats she wears, then there is no excuse for this girl.

P.S I love your blogs, perhaps I will soon start one . . .