Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My two year journey Part III!!!

At this point it is late 2007! I am starting to get used to my new job, and studying like a mad women! I had NO LIFE! Seven months had past since Raul and I reconciled and we still had not seen each other due to financial constraints. The holidays came and went and I was just wishing things could be different. It almost seems as though I am bringing up all the bad things, but that was my reality! Raul and I had our hopes up that he would make it out here sometime early January of 2008, it almost seemed like a done deal, but at the last minute things didn't work out. I remember getting his call saying he wouldn't be able to make it. I remember I was walking to my class when he broke the news! I remember hanging up with him after the news, walking into class, sitting down at the desk and the tears rolling down my face. An array of emotions came over me because I felt so overwhelmed with everything. I just couldn't see the the positive side of things, I couldn't understand why things had become so difficult.

I concluded that I just had to take things day by day and do the best I could. Raul and I had to work extremely hard to make it this far. We never gave up on each other and we gave each other strength. January of 2008 crept up before I knew it and things at school were still tough. I was taking all my upper division classes! Writing loooong ass papers, doing research, spending endless hours in the library, and taking math classes (which I hated). The funny thing about it was that every time something challenging came up in my classes, I would get motivated and I would just sike myself out and think, "oh this is easy, I can do this", when in reality a side of me didn't know where to start. But I felt driven to figure it out, and do the best I could. IT WORKED!

My b-day was on 1/17 it fell on a Thursday. I will never forget that day! I tell you some things have just made me humble. :) It was one of my long days at school and I had to work late that night. All of a sudden the boss comes up to me and says, "can you please help clean up, because the guy in charge of cleaning is by himself and he can use the help." Uhhh that meant I had to sweep the floors in the student union. Well, how can I say NO to the boss. There is not even a nice way to do such a thing. So I say, "sure." I started helping him and as I am sweeping the floors I'm thinking why is this happening. It's my b-day, I'm at work when I rather be home or partying, and I'm SWEEPING AND MOPPING. I rarely do that in my own house. If I didn't start laughing about the whole thing, I knew I would start crying!!! I couldn't believe it!! I just laughed it off and kept going. Things couldn't get any worse!

May of 2008 came around and GUESS WHAT????? Yes, Raul and I finally got to see each other!!!! :):):) It was the happiest moment ever once we finalized everything! The simple act of being able to hug him and see him was the best feeling ever. We had the best time ever and nothing could ruin how happy we felt. :) When he came in May we told my parent's that we were planning on getting married sometime in 2009, we just weren't sure on the date.

Summer of 2008 was here and like they say things will get worse before they get better!!!!!! Stay tuned for the grand finale!!!! :)

No comments: