Friday, November 14, 2008

My two year journey Part II

January 9, 2007 came around and it was my first day of "college life." I went in with an open mind. I was a couple of days from turning 28 years old and I found myself surrounded by a bunch of 18 year olds. I thought, aww man this is going to be interesting! I was behind schedule by 10 years. LOL! There were a few oldies but goodies, but the younger crowd was the majority! Not that I was OLD, but I somewhat felt out of place, you know I had gone through that thing called, MATURITY!



So the first quarter maybe even the second quarter pretty much felt like a breeze. I thought, "Oh this is easy, I can handle this." You know I was used to EASY, life was good! I got to wake up late, go to class around 11ish or 12ish. That sure beat going into work at 8:30am. I was diggin' college life! The A's seemed like they were just falling on my lap, not too much effort! I was a genius! NOT! Reality check Miss Thang! I think it was around Summer Quarter of 2007 when the road started to get a bit bumpy! I wasn't used to bumpy! :)

But let me go back a few months! It was around late February of 2007 that I went on a mini vacation with my friend Danielle to South Padre Island, Texas. We had a great time, well long story short my ex (Raul) was living in Texas. While I was there I found myself thinking about him a lot. And no I didn't go there because of him, totally nothing to do with him. Danielle and I just wanted to go somewhere we had never been to before. So anyway I was really caught off guard by the fact that I was thinking about him more than usual. I tell ya, life will throw some interesting things your way. Long story short, he contacted me and we got back together sometime in March of 2007. I thought, wow God gave us a second chance at this, we are so grateful! BUT that was just the beginning! We were about to be put to the test!



So as I said things at school started getting to me a few months into it. And it just kept getting worse from there. My classes started getting more intense and required more of my attention, hard work, and time!

I ended up getting a job on campus! The job entailed working evenings during the week and weekends as well. At first I thought it was worth it, because I was at school all day during the week, and then I would just go to work after class. I remember there were many times where I would be on campus from 8a to 11:30p. It was a nightmare. I hated it! All I wanted to do was leave and just be home!!!!!! And aside from all that I was trying to deal with a long distance relationship! Those who have been in a similiar situation know that is extremely hard not to be able to see the one you love, whenever you want to. But it's a decision that we both made and we had to work really hard at it, AND WE DID! Life was no longer easy, or a walk in the park! The pressure was on, and there was no doubt that I was feeling the heat. I had no idea how I was coping! I felt alone, everyone was going about there business, enjoying life and I was in the middle of the unknown! To be continued......

No comments: