Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Change sooner than I thought!!

As I mentioned before I started a new job at Best Buy. I was initially assigned to the Geek Squad. :) A couple of days into the new job, the work reminded me of INS. Customers have a problem with their laptop, camera, Ipod, etc. etc. and we check it out and if we find that there is a major problem we send it our service center. So we are constantly receiving calls from the customers asking about the status of their product. OR we are having to call them to keep them updated. We have to look up the status on the computer, and whole bunch of other good stuff.

So anyway I notice that there is a paper hanging on the wall in the break room. It read, "If you see your name on this paper, please see admin." Okay so I briefly look over it, and my name is on there. So I go see the lady in admin. Pretty much it was only to provide my availability. So okay I'll log into the computer and do so. As I was walking away she says, "oh did you know that you are going to be transferred to another department?" I say, "no. " And she replies, "oh yes, well now you know." By the way she is way cool! And then she says, "no worries, your new department is not bad, you'll get use to it." I'm thinking okay should I take the comment in a bad way or a good way. Alright I'll go with the good. Hmm so now I'm curious!!!!

A few hours later, the Geek Squad manager calls me into his office. And I'm thinking okay well I'm SEMI prepared for this. He confirms the transfer!!!!!!!! He says "we are cutting down hours in the Geek Squad, and being that you just started we don't want to have to cut your hours also, and it so happens that this opening was available so we want to put you there." Wow, okay how nice of you!!!! So I officially start on Sunday! I am actually looking forward to it! I got some training today and it doesn't seem too bad. But they really emphasize the fact that we have to "sell to the customers." I'm not good at doing that, because I don't have retail experience, but hey whatever, always open to learn something new. I'll pretty much be answering all the incoming calls for the store, and checking if we have certain items and offering to put things on hold. There is more to it, but if I keep typing my fingers are going to fall off.

So I have a full schedule and nice and hefty hours for next week. I have three whole days to prepare for next week, both mentally and physically. :) Mentally because I have a lot of new things to learn on the job, and physically because I will be spending long hours at work due to the holidays. I'll have to step it up at the gym, so I can have energy to make it through my days at school and work. I have found that excercise is the best medicine!! :)

Until next time!!!

No comments: