Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken or Chips......ahhhhhhh CHIPS! :)

I hate to use the word "diet" because that makes my mind feel like it's being deprived. And when I feel that way, I crave certain no-no foods. So instead I choose to say, eating healthier! Yeah, the mind can do some crazy things to ya! My cousin has been helping me get on the path of eating healthier and exercising. And I thank him so much for motivating me. BUT I am human and I have to admit that I have slipped here and there. I understand it's not about loosing weight for now. I know it has to be a long term thing.

BUT at times it can get so hard. But I figure as long as I keep at it, it's okay. So today was one of my "mess up days." I have a weakness for chocolate and chips. OMG, I can't help it! So I was munchin' on some chips today, and my Dad says to me, "Oh mija did you stop your diet?" Arrggg I must admit even though I don't like to be lied to, sometimes I can't handle the truth. And I just respond by saying, "NO!" And as I see him helping himself to some of my chips I say to him, "OH DAD DID YOU STOP YOUR DIET?" He laughs hysterically and says, "they are soo good." And I say "thank you, that's why I love them." And he replies, "okay let's put them away, don't eat them anymore." DAMN, I guess he doesn't want to see his daughter all chubby and what not. I know he means well! But I guess it throws him off, because for the most part he seems me eating all healthy and all of a sudden I'm devouring a whole bag of chips. LOL!

But anyway, I have to be on top of things if I want to fit into my wedding dress. It's just that sometimes I can't help but indulge in the things that I love to eat. :) I must say that I have lost six pounds, so I am proud of that. I just have to take it day by day! I know great things don't come easy, you have to work hard at it. But c'mon Santa give me a fast metabolism for x-mas!!! LOL!

No comments: