Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nervous, Anxious, Excited, and Happy all at once!

My in-laws have been in town for a few days now. They are here visiting their son! And also to stop by the Ramirez residence and ask for my hand in marriage. That is the typical Mexican tradition. It's a bit weird because Raul and I already started all the planning, but nonetheless it gives both families to meet and make things "official" per say! I must admit that I was a bit nervous when I found out that they would be coming over. So after numerous brief conversations over the phone with Raul's mom, we decided that they would come by today!

I was still getting ready when I heard the door bell ring. YIKES, they are here already and I'm not even ready! That built more on my anxiety! So I get ready as soon as I can, and work my way downstairs. By now my parents have already greeted them and they are quickly striking up a conversation. I must note that my parents met them years and years back through my Grandmother. But anyway that's a whole other story! So I finally walk into the living room and I give them all a hug and say my hello's. :) I'm slowly but surely calming down.

I was looking forward to seeing them, because it's been a while since I have seen them. And Raul has never had anything bad to say about them. He is crazy about his parents. So to finally be able to see them was a good feeling. So the time they were here pretty much consisted of lengthy conversations of "this-n-that." So we eventually busted out with the champagne and toasted to mine and Raul's upcoming wedding! Everything went very well and I am happy that they came over! And here is a picture of my in-laws and brother-in-law Javier!



No comments: