Friday, November 21, 2008

Reflection!

Those that know me, know that I don't have the best relationship with my Mother. I can list a great amount of positive things about my mom, she has a lot of good qualities. But with that come a lot of other issues, as we all have, no one is perfect! And well, I'm not perfect either.

My Mother and I are really opinionated and we disagree a lot of times on a lot of things. Sometimes I feel like she is just so unfair! But I've noticed through out the years that it doesn't take too much to get her to be happy after a brief argument.

The other day I was on one of my normal study sessions with Lupe! And in between all the studying we got lost and started talking about our personal lives. Well, actually she started telling me about her life. I was just listening! I have this thing, where most of the time I enjoy listening to other's life stories and learn something from it, rather than talk about my myself.

I am not going to divulge everything she told me, because I don't feel that I'm in the position to reveal someone else's business. Unless of course she gives me the OKAY! But I won't even bother getting permission. Let me just say that I was in shock by what she revealed about her life. I couldn't believe half of the things she has been through. But it was true!!! Most of it was about the relationship between her and her Mother. All I can say is that her Mother is a really mean spirited person! :( After hearing her story it made me reflect on the relationship that I have with my own Mother. And I thought about it, I thought my mom wasn't that bad. Although it's tough with her sometimes (okay most of the time) it doesn't compare with Lupe's mom. I've always been close to my Father, and I would do anything for him, for both of them for that matter!

Anyway Lupe is not your everyday American girl! She was born in Mexico, and I admire her for how far she has gotten! People look down on her because if you see her you think "oh just just another Mexican girl in America." It sounds cruel, but it's true! Sometimes the truth hurts. I have never been one to care too much about what class you are in upper, lower, middle I don't give a damn. As long as you are genuine, and sincere with me, I'll be your friend forever. Money or status doesn't mean much to me! And that is one of the major reasons why I value and appreciate the friends that I do have. All because I actually found some genuine quality in all them. Otherwise, believe me I wouldn't be associating with them! Lupe is not into the latest fashion, doesn't drive the best car, she is humble beyond compare, and she possesses what SOME people struggle to have, A GENUINE HEART AND COMPASSION!

It's kind of weird talking about her, I didn't think I would, but after finding out about her life story, it made me reflect on my own. And I must say that I have it fairly easy. Without a doubt Lupe times 6 billion people = A better world!

No comments: