Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The "One Girl" and the "other girl"!

After the midterm, I noticed that one of the girls that was part of our study group, was taking advantage. Yup, once I get that vibe, I'm pretty much done! After discussing how horrible we did on the midterm, we decided to work extremely hard and meet for two hours every other day, and study for two hours on our own. We are determined to pass this class! BUT while discussing the extra credit assignment, "the one girl" says, "oh you guys just do it and I'll just copy it later, because I have to work and can't meet with you guys." Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo, I thought! I don't think so! I didn't say a word, but my mind was going at 100 mph. I wasn't about to put all this work into my extra credit just to have someone copy it, and take full credit for it NO WAY! I will totally take notes and pass it one to someone if they can't make it to class, but THAT, no sorry, I can't do that, unless you have an extremely great reason. But I already had that bad vibe, so SORRY NO CAN'T DO!


So about three days pass and the day it was due, 30 minutes prior to the class starting I get a text from her saying, "can you meet me in the lab so I can copy the extra credit?" An immediate F*c@ came out of my mouth. I couldn't believe the nerve, I mean that's something that I wouldn't do, I don't expect it to be done to me! So I respond by saying, "I'm sorry I'm running late, I can't meet with you." C'mon 30 min. prior, give me a break! Long story short, the "other girl" let her copy, she ended up getting the whole 5 extra credit points, without putting too much effort into it. I wasn't happy, but WHATEVER!!!!


I am an extremely laid back person! But when I know that I'm being taken advantage of, I can't deal with that person, not even for a minute. So Lupe (the other girl) and I decide to get together the next day, and stay on top of things. So we meet the next day, and and it almost felt like we simultaneously thought that this girl was out of hand. So since then, her and I have been meeting every other day, and we feel sooooo confident about the new material. We are keeping up the formulas and understanding everything. I have to work too, but I make sure that right after I get out of work I meet with Lupe and get things going. This other girl is full of excuses. I'm sorry, I'm not one to sit here and criticize, but I'm calling it as I see it.


The problem in the beginning was that we tried to cram everything all at once and all at the last minute. It's different this time around! And I'm sure we will be just fine! In addition, my wonderful friend Maria sent me a Stats. book that has been helping us out a lot. We've been referring to it during our study sessions! It's great!

Anyway that's the latest!

1 comment:

diana said...

Oh, hell no! I am not down with any cheating! I can't believe the nerve of some people...

Good job not giving in!